Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why we were late to church today

This morning Tod agreed to get Lennon ready for church. I was in the bathroom when Lennon came running in...wearing this. I could hear Tod in the hallway laughing.
I have nothing against this outfit. My brother Tommy served an LDS mission in Guatemala and recently returned with gifts. He gave this shirt to Lennon and we love it. However, I wasn't sure it was the right thing to wear to church. In Las Vegas...in the USA.

What added to the excitement was when I told Tod absolutely not so he asked, "What if I wear my matching shirt....then can he wear his?" I agreed (not dreaming he'd go through with it). Tommy also bought a matching one for Tod, which he put on with church pants and shoes. I haven't peed my pants since middle school sleepovers, but I almost did this morning. Tod's shirt was two sizes too small and they looked like some Hispanic Dynamic Duo from a bad TV show or something. Like the father and son who fight crime...or something.



Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Tod in his shirt. Or the two of them together. Church starts at nine and we walked in at 9:30...everyone dressed in regular (no offense to Tommy or Guatemala) clothing.
Holly - 1, Tod - 0.

4 comments:

mandy* said...

There is a family in our ward that dresses like that on Sundays...no joke.

Alana said...

I am dieing! I wish you had a picture with Tod.

Brooke said...

That is awesome... I say let them wear it... only because he's not my husband or my kid!!!

Pete and Repete said...

Tod, I say our wives have no fashion sense.